As a designer, Stan Huntingford has the enviable reputation of designing the Maple Leaf line of masthead sloops that many other production builders aspire to; from their classic lines to the exquisite detail of their finishes and unsurpassed quality of materials, not to mention their renown prominence for stability and comfort in rough seas. The basic design was carried through to extended versions of the Maple Leaf that included 45, 48, 58 and 65 models.. The Hermitage was the last Maple Leaf hull produced.
The Hermitage has been meticulously cared for with annual maintenance and upkeep. A yacht club boat, she shows real pride of ownership.
And what a great design and layout the Maple Leaf 42 is! No wonder these vessels are in such demand. A massive and dry centre cockpit pilothouse with wrap around windows and easy boarding. A large foredeck to lay out in the sun or secure a tender or paddle board. The comfortable berths and large salon offers plenty of space for guests..
When what the last time you have heard of a 42 footer that has a full size Nav station and a tool crib/workbench? This boat has it. Even a separate bath tub!
In summary, The Hermitage is an ideal design for westcoast cruising with enormous storage capability and would also make an ideal liveaboard.
More pictures coming soon. So much more to tell you, so call now to make an appointment to see this well cared for yacht. Sailing adventure awaits!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- All fire extinguishers (5) passed annual yacht club inspection
- Tender is not included in sale
- Many spares included - impellers, fuel pump, water pump, bilge pump, propane sniffer, stern line, winch handle and portable air horn
- Vessel last hauled 2018 for complete bottom paint and hull wax over five days
- Main and genoa sails have been re-stitched and new UV covers put on
- Both sail are roller furling, the main is in-mast
- All running rigging recently replaced
- All lines handled by single winch located in companionway, electrically assisted by Milwaukee 28V RH drill
- Genoa 2-speed self-tailing winches (2) located aft of cockpit
- Rebuilt anchor windlass
- 100' new chain and 150' rode
- 45lb. CQR plow anchor
- Life line stanchions are over sized at 1.75"
- All stanchions and deck access gates a higher than normal for safety purposes
- Aft deck has mount for outboard lifting crane
- Swim grid on stern
- Three step boarding ladder
- Stern davits for dinghy
- Walk-in stand up engine room to port side includes workbench area
- Excellent all round engine access
- Nissan engine gets annual service including zincs, impeller and alternator belts
- Rebuilt cooling system
- Stainless steel exhaust manifold
- Rebuilt transmission and injectors
- 6 golf cart house batteries and single 12V start battery replaced in 2015
- All batteries in boxes and securely strapped down
- Diesel main has two alternators, one for 12V and other for house bank
- 6hp bow thruster installed
- Rebuilt counter tops and back splash
- New deep double s.s. sinks and single lever faucet
- New Force 10 three burner propane stove w oven
- Galley stove has two 20lb. propane tanks in vented locker with spark proof shut-off
- Two 12V Nova Kool fridges have been recently serviced and recharged
- Both refrigerators have freezer compartments
- Dickenson s.s. BBQ on aft deck c/w 10lb. propane tank
- Foward v-berth with separate head
- Salon has L-shaped seating area covertable to 3rd berth and nav station
- Engine room access to port
- Full galley to starboard
- Aft master stateroom has a double berth with starboard quarter berth
- Head w vanity, shower
- Plenty of storage, solid teak joinery, 6'6" headroom throughout
- Pressurized H/C water system
- Dickenson diesel cabin heat w Camfro circulation fan
- New 6 gallon HW heater runs on shore power or engine heat
- New upholstery in salon is easy clean micro fiber
- New carpet in cockpit and main salon
- Forward head recently replaced
- All holding tank hoses replaced
- Fully enclosed cockpit perfect for inclement weather
- Cockpit has drop down dining table with great all round visibility
- New external zippered cockpit canvas with Strataglass for excellent visibility
- Cockpit has centrally located helm position
- Helm includes steering angle indicator, bow thruster control, engine console, Furuno GPS, Furuno sonar, Furuno radar, 5" binnacle compass and Wagner autopilot.
- Also included is late model 12"Sitex Chartplotter
- AM/FM/CD stereo system
- Small Insignia flatscreen TV w DVD player
- Smart HUB w external WiFi antenna
- 30A 12VDC/120VAC shorepower w cord