Leader 46 for sale, $850,000 Canadian
Imported from Portland OR, over the Columbia Bar where it performed magnificently in the huge waves. Equally impressive was surfing up the Strait of Juan de Fuca at 34 knots with enough power to keep it on the right part of the wave for many minutes at a time. It demonstrated a soft smooth quiet but a free ride even in these conditions.
All Canadian duties and taxes are fully paid.
The best ways to understand the boat is to watch this video which is my exact boat.
2017 Jeanneau with Volvo IPS 600 pod drives effortlessly move this boat at 32 knots, smoothly and quietly such that you can still carry on a quiet conversation. The efficiency of this drive system yields virtually the same fuel economy at 32 knots as it does at 12!
Joystick control enables an inexperienced operator to dock the boat safely in crosswinds and side currents by simply twisting the control to rotate while pushing in the direction you want the boat to go. With 10 minutes practice you’ll be able to perform dazzling maneuvers.
Seating positions for up to 20 people in a variety of uncovered, semi covered or covered outdoor spaces make this the ideal social boat. Two outdoor bbq grilles or griddles with sinks enable fun eating adventures where guests can circulate drinking, eating and talking.
One outdoor, one partly covered and one semi covered tanning beds can be converted from seating positions with cushion inserts. A 5’ x 8’ sun roof along with the entire back window and door opens up to make this a truly outdoor sun loving space. Amazing indirect lighting and cockpit sound system keeps this boat rockin’.
Because I have lived on board this boat for eight months, every system has been thoroughly vetted and adjusted to ensure it functions perfectly. My 40 years of Boating experience provides you with a boat that is ready to go. I will be available to assist if needed.
In addition to the standard boat from build sheet, I have added:
1. Extra counter in saloon galley to make it fully usable
2. Numerous electric outlets including GFI outlet under coupe top
3. 40 inch wide SS staple rail on hydraulic swim step makes this space safe for socializing and provides tie off for dinghy.
4. SS adjustable davits for Walker Bay 10 with new air tubes, oars and sail kit NOT included.
5. Extended Warranty for 4 more years
6. New engine start batteries (2)
7. New GSM house bank increased from 3 to 4 x 145 ah Surrette batteries where each one is 40% larger than stock.
8. Twenty five SS hooks added for hats and coats
9. Three SS towel racks added
10. Knife holders, cutting board stove cover,
11. Four USB charging ports added
Service in June 2020
1. Over 3 days, 3 Volvo techs completely checked out the engines at the dock, sea trial and in dry dock. All service done to spec including oil, anodes, filters (oil and air) and all liquids + genset. Software update.
2. Bottom cleaned and painted.
3. Passed speed test at 32 kts and 3500 rpm.
1. Two new teak cockpit tables
2. Water pump
3. Hydraulic swim step pump
4. New venetian blind for Master Stateroom