This F-82A is Hull #199 and was extremely well built in 2019 using CoreCell coring with reinforced E-glass and epoxy. This construction method was utilized throughout for the principle structural elements, hull, decks, internals, etc., with further local reinforcement using Kevlar. She was beautifully finished with Epiphanes Poly-urethane 2-component coating.
The folding akas are of particular interest in this Ian Farrier-designed trimaran. The beams are bolted down into molded recesses. Once bolted, the precision engineered and professionally built aluminum folding mechanisms are strong enough on their own for all loadings.�The akas can be folded underway while motoring, heading for the slip or launch ramp. Total beam with both amas folded in is 8.5 feet making her easily trailerable or able to be docked in a normal space.
Her cockpit is roomy enough for four people and her netting between the hull and amas is a splendid place to relax as the water goes rushing by. Her rotating mast gives her optimum advantage with the wind and her asymmetrical spinnaker allows for exhilarating times off the wind.
The main cabin has opposing settees with the centerboard trunk under the port settee. There is stowage outboard. The galley is forward to starboard with the sink and table-mount alcohol stove top. The furniture foundations are fiberglass and are glassed to the hull. The V-berth can comfortably sleep two and has an opening hatch for circulation. The aft cabin sleeps two and has two windows in the transom and one opening hatch. Kids will love it.
After she was finished in 2019, she was inspected by a naval architect/SAMS surveyor who was greatly impressed and gave her an overall condition rating as EXCELLENT. This F-82A is, in our opinion, an exceptional boat that offers decent accommodations, unparalleled performance and just plain, old fun.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Sails and Rigging
- Keel Type: Adjustable Centerboard
- Rig: Sloop
- Rigging: Aluminum rotating mast and rolling boom by Ballinger Spar in California.
- Mainsail: North Sails Square Top NPC Radian NorDac NDR 6.0
- Stainless steel mast forestay with synthetic sidestays
- Stainless steel mast raising/lowering wire
- Mast raising/lowering pole with S.S. sidestays
- Synthetic Delta ? V mainsheet system.
- Soft shackles used throughout.
- Traveler: Adjustable block system on transom
- Headsail: Hank-on laminated membrane foresail
- Roller Reefing on mainsail
- Storm Jib
- DRS: Fareastsails 1� ounce Challenge Fibermax 64 with Dousing sock
- Lalizas Bosun?s Chair
- Topping Lift
- Trampoline nets constructed from Ultra Cross Silver Knotless Dyneema Netting
- Winches Self-Tailing: Four Anderson 18ST FS winches
- Winch Handles: 2
- Tiller Steering
- Chart-Plotter:9-inch B&G Zeus2 Touch MFD
- Depth Sounder: 9-inch B&G Zeus2 Touch MFD
- Knot Meter: 9-inch B&G Zeus2 Touch MFD
- B&G ZG100 GPS Antenna Pack
- VHF Handheld: ICOM IC-M25 hand held
- Boat Hook
- CO System with Alarm
- Fire Extinguishers: 2
- Life Jackets: 2
- Long-handled paddles: 2
- Stove: Origo 3000 alcohol two burner stove
- Please Note: She is constructed from Epoxy and E-glass over Core Cell with additional carbon fiber and Kevlar reinforcing. She has been finished with Epiphanes Poly-urethane 2-component coating.
- Anchor: 7 kg. CQR anchor
- Anchor Chain: 10 feet
- Anchor Rode: 150 feet
- Batteries: 2 x 12v
- Battery Charger:ProMariner ProSport dual battery charger
- Battery Parallel Switch
- Battery Switch Vapor Proof
- Bilge Pumps: Not required, because of the hull material, the vessel is designed to have positive buoyancy even when swamped
- Berth cushions: made from Koosh Natural - a soy based high resiliency foam certified pure (CERT.PUR compliance.) Foamite Industries, Vaughan
- Cabin LED lighting
- Tohatsu 9.8 hp. with extra-long shaft,� electric start and Garelick outboard motor mounting bracket
- Fenders: 4
- Head: Composting toilet with Kildwick Klassic urine diverter/separator
- Screens on Hatches and Ports:Two Lewmar hatches, one with flyscreen
- Shore Power Inlets: 1
- Shore Power Amps: 12 amps
- Survey Year: 2019
- Trailer:Dual axle Mayhem Trailer with Electric brakes