NEW LOWER PRICE
VICTORIA, BC $1,050,000 (CAD)
68' 2014 HAL WHITACRE DESIGNED
As a proven offshore performer with very economical operating costs, she is an excellent purchase opportunity for the adventurous and knowledgeable boater. Everyone who steps on board is impressed by her quality finishing but then quickly amazed with the engineered finish that makes her the rugged go anywhere vessel ? a must-see!
The owner of this vessel was looking for something special in a boat and turned to Hal Whitacre, a well-known Naval Architect. He specializes in designing custom power boats with a coast guard cutter shape. An amazing designer specific to offshore hull design, with a great understanding of engineering requirements to achieve optimum efficiency, how to make a vessel that is strong and safe, but not forgetting what is needed for comfort while out exploring - Mr. Whitacre hired the expert team from Yachtsmiths International located in Dartmouth NS, the winners of the "Export Achievement Award" to build and finish this grand design. The cutter design has a reputation of being undeniably reliable in heavy seas and its low LDL displacement with an aluminum hull makes it an economical and very efficient vessel. ROWDAY?O has aptly demonstrated these qualities for her current owner on several occasions.
ROWDAY?O boasts long-range capability with large onboard storage capacity for fuel, water and food. The internal Seakeeper ensures optimum stabilization and the robust full-length keel provides excellent tracking as well as added prop protection when needed. The extra-thick aluminum sheeting used in the hull makes ROWDAY?O a strong boat you can confidently take anywhere.
This extremely rugged hull is supplemented with an interior that shouts style and comfort. The interior is gorgeous! With its open-concept layout, beautiful hardwood finishes, large windows and ample headroom throughout. Three staterooms, two heads, an efficient galley, a lovely salon, a well-appointed wheelhouse and an open-air flybridge are perfect for a couple?s retreat, a family get-away or an adventure of a lifetime.
Let?s make your dreams a reality - you owe it to yourself to see ROWDAY?O.
Call us today to book a private viewing!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Life jackets
- EPIRB - ACR model RCB - Cat-1 (registered with transport Canada)
- Rescue Ring - Solas Foam by Plastimo
- Large Lewmar hatches allow easy escape if required
- x2 Propane tanks mounted outside on the swim platform
- Propane sniffer detector located inside - near the galley
Electronics and Navigation
- Fuel - 1000 Gallons - (2x300 usg & 2x200 usg)
- Water -350 usg - (2x175 usg)
- Fuel tanks are raised off the hull to create airflow all around the tank.
- Hot water - 15 Gallon - Very well insulated and is a great power saving unit
- Holding tank - 100 Gallon plastic
- Grey water tank for lower sinks and showers with new pump
- Water maker onboard & rated for 65 usg/hour. It just needs to be hooked up for operation.
Experienced pilot, the owner created the navigation/electronic package to meet his high standards. The layout of the helm station was very important.
Using the T theory, all your instruments are in front of you, easy to scan at a glance what your vessel is doing underway. A very well laid-out system!
- Raymarine c Series Digital display for Chart plotter & Radar
- Raymarine Radome Antenna RD424HD (Clearest and most Detailed)
- Raymarine Digital Auto Pilot
- Raymarine Digital Depth finder
- Raymarine RAY 218 & RAY 55 VHF Radios
- Full array of engine instruments monitoring RPM, Speed, Heat & Oil pressure
- Similar layout on the flybridge
Other controls at the helm:
- Seakeeper stabilization activation controller
- Vetus Bow thruster
- DTS engine controls
- Maxwell Anchor up/down control
- Master start control for hydronic heating
- Tank watch monitor
- Sirius XM SR150 Satellite radio with weather receiver
- 30 & 50-amp 125V shore power plug ports. Included is a double 30 to 50 amp Y splitter adapter
- Cummins Onan MDKDM 11.5 kW Marine Generator - Quiet, self monitoring with digital display (2200 hrs)
- BLUESEA Electrical panel - Very nicely laid out and labeled
- Victron Energy centaur battery charger 12V 100AMP
- Ship's Batteries 12V -8D AGM x5 in parallel
- Start Battery 12V-8D AGM
- Bow Thruster has its own 24V battery and separate charger
- Windlass is also tied into this battery and charger
- The galley is located mid-ship to port
- U-shaped layout surrounded by amazing natural light and views out the windows
- Princess Modern Euro design 3 burner propane stove
- Princess Gourmet electric oven
- Norcold side-by-side refrigeration units - 12V or 120V
The interior is completely custom designed and custom finished. The upper end quality of the wood finishing was exactly what they wanted. This includes the solid 3/4" Jatoba/Maple flooring, gorgeous cherry walls, the bended radius finishing, solid cherry wood doors everywhere and the exceptional S/S hardware throughout. This is all hand built, one room at a time to perfectly fit the wood beautifully into place.
- Solid cherry wood built in cabinets and drawers throughout the vessel, which maximizes storage for long extended trips
- Salon and galley are on the same level as you enter the vessel
- A few steps up and forward brings you to the pilothouse
The lower level includes:
Hull and Deck
- Master suite located forward, large queen, Cherry cabinets and shelving, great LED lighting and private ensuite with separate shower
- VIP suite located mid ship, queen size bed with a lot of storage in cedar lined lockers
- Third suite with a large double and a single bed. Huge storage under the mattress. This room can also be adjusted as needed for storage
- All beds designed with multiple storage spaces under the mattress
- Second head located mid ship with separate shower.
- Heads by Jabsco Deluxe Flush electric toilets, with touch pad controller for various water saving features
- Washer/Dryer unit nicely built into its own cabinet
- The vessel is heated with a Webasto hydronic heating 4-zone system (Cooler easily added for an air-conditioning feature)
- 3/8" thick Aluminum hull wrapped around a framed super structure
- Frames were designed with a thicker aluminum than the hull and boxed for incredible strength. They are also spaced quite close for durability
- Stability is maximized by an installation of the very best system - Seakeeper Gyro Stabilization
- Ablative Bottom paint 2018 - Zincs August 2019
- Hull is very well insulated down to the waterline
- Engine room isolated from the rest of the boat with a watertight bulkhead
- Engine space reserved for a dive compressor & dive tank storage
- Large upper deck - 2nd command bridge - open and great storage - kayak cradles
- Exterior Watertight marine door gives access to the flybridge
- Steelhead Marine WD800 crane - 8 ft reach - easily lift marine items to the top deck
- Solid Deck rails are welded to the outside for safety and at a good height
- Aluminum Swim platform extended aft onto the hull - makes for easy boarding and a great diving platform
- Cockpit with plenty of outside space for BBQing and entertaining
- Non-skid deck throughout with Freeman Marine flush deck hatches
- Lewmar Ocean hatches x8
- Interior flooring starts with 1/4" aluminum plate and covered in 3/4" solid Jatoba and Maple wood (Double groove on double tongue)
- Bilge pump system was chosen for durability and reliability
- Maxwell 3500 Windlass supporting 250 ft 3/8 galvanized chain and a Rocna 121 lb. anchor
- Up/Down controlled from the Pilothouse or on deck - Has a counter and an Auto slowdown system when reaches the last 5 ft to while bringing in
- Marine Bollard/Sampson posts rated for heavy towing capacity. One forward and one aft
- Twin Cummins QSB 6.7 - perfectly matched Turbocharger - quiet operation running on a common-rail fuel system - 480 hp per side (1043 hrs)
- ZF Marine Propulsion #ZF/ZFE 85 IV
- 2.25" Stainless Steel shafts through SureSeal Self-aligning dripless shaft seal
- Twin VEEM 5-blade props
- Racor Turbine Series fuel filter/water separators
- Delta T Lil Champ Blower system
- Engine room enclosed behind a bulkhead creating a watertight separation from the rest of the boat
- Engine room space is design with access for maintenance in mind. Also added space left for a dive compressor and dive tanks, which can be added
This vessel was built inside and out by the expert team from Yachtsmiths International, in Dartmouth NS (winners of the Export Achievement Award)
RowdayO displaces per inch of incremental displacement around 7,000 lbs. 5 tons of incremental weight will put her down around an inch and a half.
For a lot of reasons, she loves 9.5/10 kts. Get her up to 18-20 knots and she is as smooth as she gets, then max out 22 knots
She doesn?t really start to make a wake till 8 knots
Just click engines in gear with clean hull and you are 5.5/6 knots. Racing sailboats at 600 rpm
When you are whale watching in 3/5 foot chop and the Seakeeper gyro is on, you only go up and down. Everyone else has clients on board their boats being tossed around while RowDay-O keeps herself stable
A beautiful vessel where folks will hale you on radio to compliment looks. One-of-kind!